Administration Assistant - London Area
At SDA Building Services Inc., our performance makes a difference in everything we do.
Reporting to the SW Ontario Regional Manager, this role contributes to creating an efficient and productive base from which our maintenance crews operate.
Key Results and Activities
1. Exemplifies SDA’s Mission and Values
Achieves performance that makes a difference through:
• Contributing to a positive and collaborative work environment
• Treating others with dignity, courtesy, and respect
• Encouraging and maintaining a friendly, fair, and creative work environment
• Respecting diversity, new ideas, and hard work
• Answers, screens, and directs telephone calls in a timely and polite manner
• Screens and direct emails and faxes
• Takes and relays messages accurately and completely
• Provides appropriate information to callers
• Welcomes visitors entering office location
• Opens, sorts, and distribute incoming correspondence and deliveries
• Orders kitchen and office supplies through head office
• Runs company errands to post office and other locations as assigned
• Keeps reception area clean and organized reflecting SDA’s high standards
• Accepts and processes RFPs
• Creates new work orders based on RFPs
• Confirms and clarifies job request details
• Assigns/dispatches jobs to appropriate maintenance and repair technicians with pictures
• Reviews and maintains work order status daily
• Updates work order status when work is completed
• Reviews completed work orders to ensure required documents are attached
• Converts all work orders into invoices.
• Processes chargebacks from sales orders and converts them to client invoices.
4. Operations Support
• Receives, tracks, and organizes warehouse inventory
• Provides weekly inventory updates to Operations leaders
• Maintains work schedules and notifies customers in advance of site visits
• Additional duties assigned
What You Need to Succeed in this Role
• Passion for a job well done and making a difference
• Previous office management and work order processing experience
• Strong attention to detail and responsiveness to changing priorities
• Dependability, strong work ethic, and self-motivation
• A demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• An authentic and professional customer-service orientation
• An approachable style with the ability to work with individuals in different roles
• Ability to listen, understand, and respond to situations appropriately
• Proficient English speaking and writing skills; other languages are an asset
• Intermediate level computer literacy including Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Acrobat Adobe, Excel, and Word
• A keen interest in learning and developing new skills
• Eligibility to work in Canada with current documentation
• Ability to work in and combined office and warehouse environment, often sitting and working at a computer for extended periods
Thank you to all interested applicants. Only candidates who possess the best fit of experience, skills, and qualifications outlined above will be contacted for the next steps in the hiring process.
SDA Building Services is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building and evolving a team reflecting a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. You can send your job application by filling out the form below.