LIGHT DUTY CLEANER - PART TIME
At SDA Building Services Inc., our performance makes a difference in everything we do.
SDA is a janitorial and building maintenance company dedicated to professionally providing high-quality services. With over 35 years of experience in property maintenance and janitorial services, SDA is a well-known and respected company in the service industry.
We have a great opportunity for a reliable and customer service focused individual to join our Janitorial team in creating clean and welcoming environments for our clients and their customers.
This is a part-time role working evenings and weekends up to 20 hours a week. Ideal opportunity for students.
• Dust and wet mopping all floor areas
• Collection and removal of garbage from drop points to a garbage bin or compactor
• Operating and cleaning the garbage compactor on regular basis
• Cleaning and sanitizing washrooms, common, and entrance areas
• Replenishing any used or missing supplies such as toilet rolls, hand towels, and hand soap
• Dusting all visible surfaces within reach which includes counter tops, pillars, lighting fixtures, window ledges, and vents
• Cleaning and polishing chrome and other metal surfaces
• Cleaning stairwells and elevator cabs
• Spot cleaning walls, partitions, light switches, doors, and windowsills
• Dusting all office or public area furniture
• Completing periodic equipment checks
• Representing the company in a respectful and courteous manner at all times
• Maintaining and safeguarding all tools and equipment
• Following all Health and Safety practices
What You Need to Succeed in this Role
• Previous cleaning/housekeeping experience in office, commercial, or condominium buildings is preferred.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills
• Passion for a job well done and making a difference
• Dependability, a strong work ethic, and self-motivation
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
• An approachable style with the ability to work with individuals in different roles
• Ability to lift cleaning supplies and buckets as part of daily tasks, up to 50 lbs/23 kg
• Capability to perform work requiring standing, walking, crouching bending, kneeling as well as repetitive tasks
• Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
• Occasional availability to work evenings or weekend emergencies
• A keen interest in learning and developing new skills
• Eligibility to work in Canada
• Experience in using cleaning equipment such as I-mop, vacuum is an advantage
• Class G Driver’s license with clean abstract is helpful and not required
Thank you to all interested applicants. Only candidates who possess the experience, skills, and qualifications outlined above will be contacted for next steps in the hiring process.
SDA Building Services is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building and evolving a team reflecting a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. You can send your job application by filling out the form below.